Monday, July 14, 2008

WARNING: WOUND PICTURES

PhotobucketPhotobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


LAST FRIDAY KANYON DECIDED IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO GET HIS NOODLES OUT OF THE MICROWAVE ON HIS OWN. NORMALLY I WOULD BE RIGHT THERE WHEN THE MICROWAVE BEEPS BUT HE TOOK IT OUT WITH 3 SECONDS LEFT ON THE TIMER. HE SCREAMED THE MOST AWFUL SCREAM OF PAIN I HAVE EVER HEARD. I HELPED HIM RIP HIS SHIRT OFF BUT IT WAS TO LATE HE WAS ALREADY BURNT PRETTY BAD. BRYAN CAME HOME AND TOOK HIM TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM. I FOLLOWED SHORTLY BEHIND WITH KAYDEN. THEY SAID HE HAS 2ND DEGREE BURNS AND WE HAVE A SPECIAL BURN CREAM TO PUT ON IT. WE ALSO HAVE TO KEEP HIM WELL BANDAGED AS YOU CAN SEE. HE ACTUALLY BURNT HIS NIPPLE AND IT LOOKS SO PAINFUL. THANKFULLY THE DOCTORS SAID HE WILL MOST LIKELY HEAL WITH LITTLE OR NO SCARRING. WE ALSO COULDN'T GO TO THE WATER PARK THIS WEEK BECAUSE KANYON CAN'T GET IN THE WATER AND I DECIDED IT WOULD BE JUST TO HARD TO ENFORCE THAT WHEN ALL OF HIS FRIENDS ARE IN THE WATER. OH AND ALL THE GREY STUFF ON HIS CHEST IS JUST FROM THE MEDICAL TAPE AND IT WON'T WASH OFF SO IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS IT WOULD BE HELPFUL.

6 comments:

SuzyQSparkles said...

It seems to me that rubbing alcohol or baby oil helped us get that stuff off our little ones. Oil is more gentle, so I'd try it first. It takes a while. Eventually, it'll come off on it's own.

This explains why we didn't hear from you for today's park playtime!

I hope he's feeling better!

Marci said...

cool rags and prayer. uug...and DON'T use oils until all the pain is gone. Oils can disrupt the burn healing process. Good luck!

n & t said...

I am so sorry for your little boy. I hate to see people get hurt, especially little kids. I hope ir feels fast, so he can go play at the water park with his friends!!!

Kenneth GR said...

Oh my, that is so terrible... darn cup-of-noodles.. I hear that happens a lot.
Hope the poor boy and his nipple heal all the way up!
<3

Sarah Jimenez said...

We are so glad you found us! I am sorry about Kanyon's burn- owwie! and how scary! Water parks are the best, aren't they? We hope you guys are enjoying Wyoming.

Brooke said...

OH that is so sad!!! Poor boy!! Don't you hate to see your kids in so much pain like that!! I hope he heals fast!!!